Friday, March 21, 2008

EDB Photo Shooting

Following their successful film shooting last time, the Economic Development Board of Bahrain, asked me to shoot one more time at our resort. This time was not film but photo shooting, on the beach, four crew and took only 2 hours.


Using a model, a Bahraini good looking young man, this shooting would be materials for their printed destination collaterals. The agency was Saatchi & Saatchi, one of the biggest advertising (and marketing) agency in Bahrain, and of course in several countries, including the US, France countries in the Middle East and Asia Pacific.

When I asked the photographer why they didn’t use female model as well, he said “If I could find a Bahraini lady, I’d love to.”

“It must be?” I wondered.

“Must be Bahraini and you know, it is not easy to find,” he replied.


What is the big deal? As long as a beautiful lady, Arabic or Mediterranean looking face, there are lot out there… They can get Moroccan, Lebanese, Egyptian, Kuwaiti or any other GCC nationals. I even have three agencies who can easily supply the model.

“Gimme a Bahraini, I’ll shoot her,” he smiled at me.

I couldn’t reply. He’s right, I have never met a Bahraini female photo model.

Just imagined, I found one, giving me some vibrant moves in front of camera, on the beach, wearing bikini, and she’s Bahraini.

Wake up..!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what happen to the female-modeling world in there? they need to import it? or nothing such female modeling?

trancepass said...

devari, there are lot of female models here, we could not find a bahraini. More than half of bahrain population is immigrant, like me, he...

Anonymous said...

Do you said bikini? :D

trancepass said...

@imsuryawan,
i crearly did.

Anonymous said...

cari ladyboy aja hihihi eh jangan2x gak ada juga ?

trancepass said...

jangan salah, ada juga kok. tapi ya itu, bukan asli bahrain...

Vina Revi said...

i just don't get it, either. Beauty is not supposed to be geographical, yes?

trancepass said...

@vina,
you're right, but they want authenticity, it is more about how to represent their image, their characteristic with genuine source.

Benakribo said...

hmm maybe cuz of the religion .. so bahraini women suppose not to be a model . hhe . well sorry about my sotoy . hha . just shocked when he said 'i'll shoot her' hoho .

nice to meet u too !

Richard Laurence Baron said...

Trancepass - thanks for your note about Swanndri and Longbeach. As far as I am aware, there's no research on this particular subject in that part of the world. But I'm really not close to the account at this point. I suppose I could check in with Simon, Ltd., and find out. In fact, since it's Sunday here and Monday there, I will forward tour question to them - then we'll both know.

I am not surprised, on the other hand, at your note about the lack of a Bahraini model (Version.WOMAN). First, considering the religious and cultural challenges that face S&S, I applaud going ahead with the shoot. Second, marketing communications constitute a promise of a sort - and meeting Bahraini women might be quite difficult for a holiday-maker.

Based on your business experience, is this presumption correct? Ta from Houston...RLB.

trancepass said...

@benazio,
thanks for your visit.you're correct, it's a matter of tradition and religion as well.

@richard,
your presumption is not wrong. not only model, we sort of manpower in every sector.

Anonymous said...

Oh begitu. Islamic country ya mas? "Segitu" nya kah? Tidak ada pergerakan feminist disana? (Berdoa semoga tidak ada).

Anonymous said...

cak iqbal, i think they should import young girls from lamongan who can goyang ngebor. yap, they should know about Trio Macan. it will be great for your video. :D