Saturday, November 3, 2007

Shawarma by the sea

I am sitting here, in a quite convenience park. Nothing to do, just relax, enjoying my spare time. The grass is so green, the park is pretty large. It is 8.20pm, there are some children and their parents over there, enjoying activities in what people say “family recreation”. The weather is perfect. Today, Bahrain is starting to be winter. I can feel the breeze, I can smell the soil, the grass, and of course I can still feel the taste of shawarma I have just eaten… he… delicious.

Shawarma is an Arabic sandwich made from bbq meat or chicken meat, mix with vegetable (cabbage, tomato, cucumber pickle, mints leave, potatoes, etc), with tomato sauce and dressing, and wrapped with of course toasted Arabic brad. I like it, some time I ask the vendor to add more chili pickle.
The key is in the chicken and the sauce. If you want a delicious shawarma, just ask the vendor to put some more mayonnaise and the other sauce, I don’t know the names, I guess it are some Arabic spices. You have to ensure that the meat is perfectly barbequed then mix with the vegetable and rolled with the bread.

It’s pretty cheap, only 200 to 350 fills. To me, 2 rolls of shawarma is enough for my stomach.

And here, at this dolphin park, is the second time I eat shawarma. It’s bbout a week ago, Faisal Salim accompanied me visiting this place, eating sahwarma and drinking diet pepsi together, enjoying the outdoor mood and watching a beautiful panorama of the muharraq skyline.

Faisal left Bahrain for Dubai. He “resigned” from the hotel we work for. He was our IT manager, a Pakistani who is still keeping his islam believes and thoughts. We are best friend, we are close and mostly I am close with previous IT guys in the resort, maybe because we all have the same hobbies.

Seems, Faisal doesn’t like the style of current management, doesnt like the style, the way GM leads management, so that’s why top management does not like him, as well. I don’t know. What I know is just he can no longer accompany me to enjoy shawarma.

Goodbye my friend, see you around… maybe in Dubai, maybe in the UK, maybe in Karachi, or the US, or perhaps in Bali… wallahu a’lam.

1 comment:

Obat Infkesi Luka Bekas Operasi said...


The article is good. Also visit my article, read and share too. God willing useful. :)


Khasiat & Manfaat Habbazafit Softgel
Propolis SM (Walatra propolis Brazil)